Saturday, January 12, 2013

Episode 51: Wedding Planning is Sucking Away My Knitting Time




Whatcha Makin?
Beatnik: size sm, replaced cables with staghorn cable, using Berroco Remix in Strawberry, made sleeve caps longers
Pendulum by Amy Miller, out of TML in Terra and Neighborhood Fiber Company in Thomas Circle. size 6 needles, stretchy edges
Cider Press Hat by Amy Christoffers in Tempted build a batt

Whatcha Spinning?  Highland Handmades merino/tencel in Prospecting, 3 ply

Beatnik KAL extended through Jan. 31.  Tag with TurkeyBeatnikKAL
prizes:  
-  Dyeabolical Strong Arm Skinny in the ‘I Love Rock N Roll’ colorway, donated by Megan (justrunknit)
-  any pattern of your choice giftable on Ravelry
-chart keeper donated by Allison
- a braid of fiber from me, or handspun

Never Have I Ever KAL starting Feb 1


Patterns
Perpetually Persistent Cowl by Liz Abinante
Penelope the Empathetic Monster by Rebecca Danger
Girl from Nantucket Hat by Laura Linneman
Blackberry Cabled Cardigan by Alexandra Charlotte Dafoe
Crooked Paths Hat by Melissa LaBarre
Cider Press Set by Amy Cristoffers
Foxhall Gloves by The Rainey Sisters
Stasis Pullover by Leila Raabe

2 comments:

  1. Loved you podcast this week! And those lovely patterns you received!!!

    I was so surprised to hear that you haven't had snow in about 2 years!! No sure where you live though, so that doesn't help.

    I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Last week we got 8 inches of snow!!! I have not seen our grass since the end of October!! We get snow, then things warm up a bit, but it never really goes away, then more snow!

    You should come visit and we could build a snow man together and then have a hot chocolate and knit!!

    Have a great week!
    Debie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!
      I live in Washington DC but I wish I lived further north! I love snow but we are just constantly disappointed by storms that seem like they have snow potential but don't deliver. A visit to Calgary sounds heavenly!
      xx, Emily

      Delete